Portable version is special package of Translate.Net with additional tool (X-Translate.Net.exe)
which manage settings and allow to run Translate.Net from any place.
This package was originally created as part of big collection of free portable software -
winPenPack by Danilo Leggieri.
Alternatively you can run tool in portable mode from command line by use of special
command line switches.
Steps to run portable Translate.Net:
- Download X-Translate.Net_X.X.XXXX.XXXX_revX.zip file from Download page
- Unpack content of .zip file to some folder
- Run X-Translate.Net.exe file
Portable version has next limitations :
- Here not possible to use "Launch at system startup" option as it require writing to registry what not a case for portable tool
- Automatic downloads of updates is disabled, they still can be checked but if found - dialog which redirect to Download page page is shown
- Due limitations of used features of .Net framework here not possible to run tool from shared drives (network shares)
- Some users report about problems with running tool with very-restrictive user's rights, like a "Guest" with additional restrictions.
I can't repeat this, so if you can repeat this and can spend some time on testing "debug-builds" please contact me